Our events for November 2019.
But first, a note to beginners or if you are wondering if this group is suitable for you. We have a broad mix of experience from complete beginners to published photographers. Most of our meetings are based around practical activities, you can shoot at whatever level you’re at with whatever equipment you have. So if you have a phone, a point-and-shoot, a bridge camera or a DSLR/mirrorless camera, there will always be something you will be able to do, and there are always helpful people around if you have any questions.
We have a specific session for beginners coming up on the 20th, and then the following week we’ll try something new and have a beginner-friendly side-session while the main session is going on. But no need to wait until then, just come along to any of the meetings!
- Wednesday 6 November: Food Photography Part I. This will be mainly watching and discussing videos followed by a quick go ourselves.
- Wednesday 13: Food photography Part II. This will be a quick refresh followed by a longer go ourselves. We’re not experts, we’re just having fun exploring something different. And eating anything left over, of course!
- Wednesday 20: Beginners session, looking at some photography basics. We have a conversation going on in the Facebook group around what everyone would like to cover.
- Wednesday 27: Open Studio Session and Beginner’s Follow-on Group. Nothing particular planned, so come along with some ideas or something to photograph. We will also be holding the first side-session for any beginners that would like a smaller group.
- Saturday 30 Nov – Monday 2 Dec: Photo North Festival, Harrogate. This is the second year that this has been running and a number of us will be going. Full details at https://www.photonorthfestival.co.uk
But really, our activities are an excuse for us as a group of friendly people to get together once a week and take some photos, so if you’ve not been yet then why not come along sometime. No need to book or make contact beforehand, just join us on the night.
Doors open from 7pm and we normally get going about 7.30. There is no entry fee as such, just a suggested pay-as-you-feel donation of £3. Teas/coffees and biscuits are included!
York Photo Studio
112-A Acomb Road (in the basement under the Yoga Studio)
York YO24 4EY